I can’t say enough how much I love Rudi’s gluten-free breads and the people who work there. I was fortunate enough to be invited to a dinner with them and other fellow gluten-free bloggers and authors on Thursday, April 28th at Wildfire in downtown Chicago (one of my favorite restaurants). Check out the menu!
We started off with an awesome pizza.
Next, we had salad, which was very enjoyable and then I had a Black Angus burger on their new hamburger buns! Whoa was it good! You seriously would not know you were eating a gluten-free bun! I thoroughly enjoyed it! The buns are light and fluffy and what is cool is they hold together so nice (something to think about for Sloppy Joes!) As like Rudi’s other products, they are all natural with no preservatives or chemicals and no artificial ingredients.
For dessert we had a great flourless chocolate cake topped with vanilla ice cream. I savored every morsel!
Here are some more pics from the event:
Here I am (left) with Gluten Free Betsy (center) and Maggie Garner from Rudi's (right)
Doug Radi, VP of Marketing for Rudi's (left), Maggie Garner, Alexandra (friend of Gluten Free Betsy - 3rd from left), Gluten Free Betsy, Myself and Alexandra from Rudi's (far right)
In addition to their new hamburger buns, Rudi’s has rolled out their new hot dog buns and pizza crusts as well. Hope to share a full review on those soon (I’m sure they rock just like all their other products do!).
For Celiac Awareness Month, Rudi’s has rolled out a fantastic recipe contest called the Unbelievably Good Recipe Contest. They are accepting entries from now until May 20, 2011. Entries will be submitted on Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery Facebook page in the Recipe Contest tab. I spoke with Maggie Garner, Rudi’s Digital Marketing Manager, last week and she is very excited to have the Gluten-Free community show off their best recipes. “There is a great need for recipes and this is a way to make it more fun”, Maggie said.
Here’s how it works:
1. The recipe must be gluten-free.
2. The recipe must contain one product from the Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery line. (Original, Multigrain and Cinnamon Raisin Breads, Multigrain Hamburger Buns and Hot Dog Rolls, and Original Pizza Crusts).
The top 10 fan favorites, determined by the number of Facebook votes, will receive a $250 gift card to Williams-Sonoma, Rudi’s “Swag Bag” containing three product samples of Rudi’s Bakery Gluten-Free products, a t-shirt, magnets, coupons, a lunchbox, and a sandwich box with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $280 and each First Round winner’s recipe will be featured on Rudi’s Bakery’s gluten-free recipe website. You will then have a chance for your recipe to be chosen as a top three finalist. According to Maggie Garner, the recipes will be rated on: taste appeal, visual appeal, the recipe itself and the gluten-free story.
From the top 10 fan favorites, three finalists will be determined by a panel of judges including:
· Chef Jeffrey Barbour, Restaurant 4580
· Martin Hammer, owner of Restaurant 4580
· Chef Dan Kohler from Renegade Kitchen and Alternative Appetites
· Jane Miller, CEO of Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery
The top three finalists will receive a trip for two to Boulder, Colo., home of Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery, where they will compete in the Final Recipe Cook-Off at Restaurant 4580 on June 24, 2011. The grand prize winner will star in a National Foundation for Celiac Awareness – Alternative Appetites cooking show with Chef Dan Kohler of Renegade Kitchen and be featured in a national media advertisement for Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery. For complete contest and prize details, visit the Rudi’s Gluten-Free Facebook page and click on the Recipe Contest tab.
Important Contest Dates:
· April 18 – May 20: Recipe submissions accepted on the recipe contest tab on the Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery Facebook page
· April 18 – June 6: Online voting open to the public
· June 7: Top 10 fan favorites announced
· June 7 – June 13: Top 10 fan favorite recipes reviewed by panel of judges
· June 13: Top 3 finalists announced
· June 24: Top 3 finalists compete in Final Recipe Cook-Off at Restaurant 4580 in Boulder, Colo.
To learn more about Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery, visit www.rudisglutenfree.com.